Random personal logs

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Registering at City Hall and car ...final chapter

Finally all paper works are done (crossing my fingers). It wasn't uneventful. Got a different person at the City Hall and she was clueless. "Why did we ask for the household registries?  What was wrong with the birth certificates?" At this point I was too tired to explain too much. At the end I just submitted both documents up. It was up to them to decide what they want to use. I am done with my end of the business. They told me they'd send me communique within 4 weeks, but I hadn't heard from them for 2 months. I went into the City Hall to ask about it, got the original documents back. There was a letter in our file dated 2 weeks ago that was supposed to have been sent out to ask me to pick up the documents. The lady told me that I will receive the letter in the mail in a couple of days and I should just ignore it since I was already there picking up the documents. (Talk about bureaucracy.) You wouldn't believe it though, I went in to the city hall at around mid-March to pick up the documents. The letter was dated early March. And I just received those letters in my mail in mid-April. Anyways, I'm just glad it's over (knocking on wood).

As with car, applied and got my driver's license. Had to submit in my US license. They wouldn't return the license back to me, instead they forward the license to the US embassy or consulates here. I doubt I can pick up my US license from the consulates here. I just applied for a replacement license with the DMV. At least I could do that online and that was easy. Only cost me about 20 bucks. However, I-Sheng had a conditional license that expired along with his US visa, so he cannot apply for a replacement license. If we are moving back to the States again, he may have to retake the driving tests. Oh...well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home